Compatible XF Versions:
Creates a playlist for audio files.
A playlist is created by uploading a group of .mp3 files to a folder.
(Example of Audio List)
(Example of Audio List Admin link)
(Example of Admin page)
(Example of BB Code Media Site page)
(Example of Group Permissions)
- Import function allows creating a playlist very easy.
- The playlist is added to a message by pasting a URL.
- All phrases start with audiolist_ for your convenience.
Setup step 1:
- Download audiolist_v1.3.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-AudioList_v1.3.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
Setup step 2:
- Create a folder called /misc/ in your webroot.
- Included in the add-on is a file called Andy/AudioList/audiolist.php. This file needs to be copied to your /misc/ folder.
- Edit the /misc/audiolist.php file and enter the path to your forums config.php file.
Setup step 3:
- Create a folder called /audio/ in your webroot or any other location you choose.
- Create a subfolder under the /audio/ folder which will contain a group of .mp3 files. For example /audio/hendrix/, would contain a group of Jimi Hendrix songs.
Optional Import Function: The Admin page can be quickly updated by clicking the Import link. File information is imported from any directory you enter. Be sure to include the trailing slash for both the Folder URL and the Folder Path fields.
- Set the Administrative Group Permissions to Allow.
- Click the Audio List Admin link in your Visitor tab.
- Click "Add".
- Enter the Folder URL, Filename and Tile for your first .mp3 file. Note each Folder URL must end in a slash.
- Repeat step 4 for each .mp3 you want in your playlist.
Setup step 4:
Setup step 5:
- Edit the BB Code Media Site page for Audio List. Replace my forum URL with your forum URL information in all three locations.
Creates a database table:
- Create a new post.
- Paste the Folder URL you wish to show in the post as a playlist.
- Submit new post, your embedded audio player and playlist will show automatically.
This add-on creates a table called xf_audiolist in your database.
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation. My PayPal email address provided upon request via Private Conversation.